Date(s) - 06/10/2023
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Pennwood Home and Hearth
June 10, 2023
BBQ Fest is coming up again. We have decided to bring the Smokin’ In The Gap BBQ Cook-off (Click for detail and to sign-up) back this year. The competition is going to be a people’s choice only this year so you’ll need to stop by the Pleasant Gap Fire Company’s table to get your ballots to vote. While you are at the table we ask that you consider making a small donation to the fire company, a donation is not required however.
If you or someone you know are interested in competing in the competition please click here for more information.
We will have special sale prices on both hearth and outdoor products. If you are considering a new Bar-B-Que or outdoor kitchen, this is a must attend event. We will have great pricing on grills and grilling supplies.
We will have grilling demonstrations throughout the day. Stop by to learn some new techniques and sample some delicious food. We will have lots of BBQ sauces and seasonings available to sample as well. Otto’s Pub & Brewery will be onsite with their beer trailer to help raise money for the PGFD.
Pennwood will have limited seating so we recommend that you bring your own chairs.
Schedule of Events for Saturday June 10th:
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Breakfast samples on the Camp Chef with Village Eatinghouse.
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Primo Ceramic Grills Demo. Walter Carroll be serving breakfast items. He will be grilling on the Primo Ceramics Grills and showing why they are the most versatile ceramic grills.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Grilling partners open and serving:
- Otto’s Pub & Brewery will be onsite with their beer trailer.
- Chris Marks & Three Little Pigs Rubs & Sauces. Chris has won more than 50 national barbeque championships, and over 600 individual awards including the Jack Daniel’s World Championship BBQ Sauce Championship, and the Grand Daddy of the all the American Royal in Kansas City Grand Championship 8 times. Chris will be talking BBQ and smoking pork loin and beef ribs.
- Jonathon Ott with Clay Hill Charcoal will be grilling up steak and vegetables on the PK Grill with GrillGrates using Killer Hogs Rubs and Sauces.
- Clay Phillips with Village Eatinghouse will be grilling shrimp, pizza, chicken, and veggies on the Camp Chef Expedition.
- Walter Carrol with Primo Grills & Smokers will be grilling multiple foods showing how versatile the Primo Grills are.
- Smokin’ Brothers will have many amazing samples of pork, beef, and veggies.
- Bonnie Blue Catering and Food Truck will be grilling up samples on the Smokin’ Brothers pellet grill.
- Stop by and taste some amazing wood fired pizza prepared in the true Italian pizza ovens and the Primo Grill.
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Music by KIDZ at HEART band presented by Pinehurst Custom Homes. These guys played the last two years and they were a real crowd pleaser.
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. People’s Choice sampling and voting for the Smokin’ In The Gap BBQ Cook-off. Go around and taste ribs, brisket, Cook’s Choice, and pulled pork from the barbecue teams and then vote for your favorite to help us crown the champion.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Chris Marks – Three Little Pigs: Smoked candied salmon.
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Primo Grills – Pigs In A Blanket.
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Smokin’ Brothers – Pork Belly.
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Village Eatinghouse & Camp Chef – Pizza & Chicken Tenders.
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Clay Hill Charcoal & PK Grills – Steak seminar.
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Mixon Barq 3600 – Whole Hog Pickin’ (We’ll be smoking a whole hog on the Barq 3600).
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. People’s Choice Awards Ceremony.
We would like to thank all of our sponsors:
Pinehurst Custom Homes
Otto’s Pub & Brewery
Myron Mixon Barq Smokers
Three Little Pigs Championship Rubs & Sauces
Big Rick’s BBQ Sauces
Hoff & Pepper Small Batch Hot Sauces
Rising Spring Meats
Heath Riles BBQ
Killer Hogs Barbecue
Clay Hill Charcoal